LCPWD Des Plaines WRF Upgrades
Plant upgrades to the Des Plaines River Water Reclamation Facility (WRF) transformed this site into a regional drying facility for Lake County, IL. The facility now produces 100% natural high-quality fertilizer.
This video spotlights the Des Plaines River WRF Improvements project completed by Applied Technologies, Inc. Through this video you will learn about the Lake County Public Works Department facility, as well as features of the project, and the fertilizer produced.
Learn more about LCPWD by clicking the link. Also, see the contact information in the video credits.
- 0:16 – Design capacity
- 0:27 – Reason for facility upgrades
- 0:42 – Biological Nutrient Removal
- 1:07 – Disc Filtration
- 1:45 – Biosolids (Thermal) Drying
- 2:04 – Fertilizer is ready for application
- 2:34 – Truck load out
- 2:41 – Photo of LCPWD fertilizer product
- 2:58 – Lake County Public Works Department contact information and credits