Access to Transit Improvement Program
Lake Villa, Illinois
- Design, Permitting, Easement Acquisition, Grant Procurement Construction administration and inspection
The Village of Lake Villa engaged ATI to complete the Phase 1 and Phase 2 design engineering for sidewalk to connect 350 apartment units in four locations to the Village’s Metra Station.
ATI assisted the Village and the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) in requesting and receiving Congestion Mitigation Air Quality (CMAQ) federal grant funding as well as requesting a successful cost increase approval.
The planned sidewalk along Cedar Avenue, Central Avenue and Lake Avenue fulfill Village Downtown Transit Oriented Development (TOD) plan goals.
In addition to the design, ATI has assisted in the Environmental Survey Request, the Plat of Highway for the permanent and temporary construction easements, as well as aided the Village with the easement acquisition.
Project scheduled for bid April 2020.
- Approved Federal CMAQ Grant Funding & Increase
- Environmental Survey Request & Plat of Highway Coordination
- 19,400 square feet of PCC sidewalk on three streets
- 900 feet of 6-inch pipe underdrain
- Switchback ramp to maintain ADA compliance
- Grant Procurement